I made some girl-guide cookie-esque thin mints! Thanks to my daily internet perusing, I came across these vegan, gluten-free cookies. Totally worth making. This is the second time I’ve made these cookies, and both times have been a smashing success. I love the option of making it gluten-free if I feel the need, and they are vegan! EASY!
I made a chocolate coating for them, but they didn’t turn out as smooth as the ones in the picture on the site, so next time I think I will have to figure out a way to temper the chocolate just right. They are MUCH more appetizing than my lacklustre chocolate glaze makes them seem! If you have any suggestions on how to do that, please, comment below!
Here is the recipe from the website (http://chefchloe.com):
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup vegan margarine
- 3 tablespoons soy, almond, or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- This Chocolate Coating recipe will coat half the cookies (about 32). If you are baking off all of the dough, double this recipe.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
Anyways, the thinner you press them, the better, they will be nice bite-sized snack – without the guilt!